Saturday, October 5, 2024

Domestic abuse is criminal offence

What type of uncivilized society permits abuse of women in this modern times? The patriarchy feudal Chinese society has to reform its unfair laws that treat women as the property of her husband.When a girl marries a man who comes from another village,she is like water thrown out of her home,an outcast.So when the woman is divorced or widowed,she cant inherit shared communal wealth of her matrimonial home whether its the earnings from communal sale of farm produce and denied the villages allocation of government funds to those who reside in the village although she was born n grew up there.This is discrimation against females when Mao said women hold up half the sky in China. Now why are marriage rates falling in China?One reason is its so damn hard to get a legal divorce.A wife who had suffered physical abuse for 20 years is denied a divorce because the bullying husband wants to continue to enslave her and deny her freedom.The cheek of it is the barbaric husband threw the screaming wife over his shoulders to run out of the courtroom.I thought only the Taliban treated their women worse than their pets but the China laws are equally archaic. Must the law wait until the wife is battered to death or disability or end up in a cooking pot like Abby Choi of Hong Kong. Well i enjoy the freedom to be myself,not needing to please any man.I dress as I like,travel where I want,dance to my hearts delite,cook and eat whatever and whenever I like and not need to meet anothers expectations.Thats the freedom of choice. No need to be on an emotional roller coaster or get shouted at or sneered.nothing to tie me down.so the lyrics of You dont own me resonates with my soul as it sings of freedom to be me and self love is way more important than possessive love.

No comments: