Wednesday, September 7, 2016

With wind and rain,how many blossoms have fallen?

When I came back from a brief holiday,the trailing pink potted periwinkles had shrunk and shrivelled with yellow leaves and parched soil. I nursed it back to health,spraying lightly with  a sprayer ,adding humus and now it has bloomed continuously with trails of pink blossoms.
But the bleeding heart was another plant that suffered a lot with burnt leaves and curling stems. I plucked and stripped the vine bare,waited for the sprouting leaves,and now she rewards me with clusters of white blossoms with a dark ,vivid red stamen.
With wind and rain ,how many blossoms have fallen?

The thing with healing of plants is we can only do so much,nature has its own way.In destroying the pests,I went overboard and killled the pests and the plant together with it.In my impatience to see her bloom,I smothered her with too much care,overwatering and excessive fertilizers and she died,her leaves dropped and she literally rotted.So now I do my best but leave it to nature to decide.There's a time for resting and a time for harvesting.

No comments: