Monday, November 13, 2017

Adaptation

As body ages,need to adapt to physical movements.Tried to do Zumba and aerobics at the park but knees are screaming in pain after all that jumping and twisting and kicking but boy every joint is aching and need the thai massage to soothe sore muscles.It's the chinese tuina massage and thai massage that enables me to do yoga postures but after my fall and injuries and frozen left shoulder it need ayurvedic oil massage and acupunture to finally restore back full functioning but still there is weakness in shoulder muscles.
       Osteoarthritis of knee is affecting my yoga stretches and yesterday I started learning tai chi-I used to think it was so slow when compared to jazzrobics with Judy Shepherd tapes ,it was for old people until now I'm qualified for the senior citizen label,I understand why I cannot do such vigorous exercises anymore and tai chi is so meditative like swimming,the repetition slows and relaxes the body.I'm looking forward to improving my internal energy and after watching Jack Ma and Jet Li in their kung fu flick,maybe slow and steady may be the way to go.My body aint gonna jump and prance around like the energizer bunny so time to slow down and listen to the body.

No comments: