Sunday, November 26, 2017

mONKEY KING AND PIG HEADED BEAST


This Saturday ,I threw caution to the wind and abandoned my monotonous routine of house cleaning,washing and marketing.
I took my German colleague Monica for a getaway to nature. 'I'll rather be a sparrow than a snail,Yes I would if only I could fly away
 -I'll fly away like a bird in the sky.A man gets tied up to the ground,he gives the world its sadddest sound.   
  I've never felt so refreshed and alive as when I'm outdoors in a natural setting.What a wonderful morning.The weather was nice
 and breezy. We went up Bukit Melawati in Kuala Selangor,took pics of the silver leafed monkeys and their golden coloured babies.
One awful primate grabbed my leg hoping to be fed by visitors-but my shriek frightened it away.Then we strolled downhill and drove to the mangrove swamp nature park
We walked around the place,went up a watchtower and Monica caught a photo of a wildboar.Unfortunately when we went down
 the watchtower,it stood in our path-Now what should you do when you are staring at a black ugly boar a mere few metres away.
We're dead meat-I don't think we can outrun it.Its mate was lurking nearby.Quick thinking -If I blast my smartphone song maximum volume ,Toshi 's high pitch song Blue Resistance might just do the trick. Desperate times call for desperate measures.Oh ohh, not a good idea some swines(the non human kind) can be so pig headed and may abhor audio assault and charge at us.Oh No !the bloody trees are so short and stunted-F$#@*K -Do pigs know how to climb trees???????
   Luckily in this staredown between man and beast,Mr Boar got bored with staring us down,grunted and 
disappeared back into the mangrove swamp.We are safe.Monica and I met some youths from Petronas voluntary club doing
 replanting of saplings and good job too as their legs were caked with mud.The little I know,mud has therapeutical  facevalue 
when slapped as a mask on my face but I'm not sure what it does on legs.Maybe replace wax stripper for those with hairy legs.
Anyway ,better leave it to the young and brave to save the planet.I'm past the prime of youth and getting ready to sail into the
 setting sun.
We also discovered mudskippers,egrets and herons.Then we went on the broadwalk across the mangrove saplings
.It's like being pulled into a time tunnel.Streaks of sunlight filtered through tall rows of mangrove saplings.It's so hauntingly quiet
 with the blob blob of seawater being sucked into the crab holes beside mounds of earth.The wind is whistling through the trees
.My heart felt supreme serenity and bliss.It was like being pulled    
into a time tunnel.Streaks of sunlight filtered through tall rows of mangrove saplings.It's so hauntingly quiet with the 
blob blob of seawater being sucked into the crab holes beside mounds of earth.The wind is whistling through the trees.My heart felt supreme serenity and bliss.
     After a quick lunch,we went on a boat ride to see eagle feeding.it was more than 50 Brahminy Kites ,brown and white with huge wing spans swooping down to feed.Awesome sight when these magnificent birds circled dived and swooped.Monicca is the perfect travelling companion as she is an avid nature lover like me.We speak in hush tones and keep quiet to listen to the sound of nature.She is really a travel junkie and has been to all parts of the globe from Latin America,New Zealand,China,Pakistan,South East Asia and even Africa.She free lances as a tour guide to exotic places like Galapagos Island,Peru,Mexico Zimbabwe ,Mt Kilimanjaro,Kenya and Cuba.How I wish to be in her shoes,a wanderer of the world far and wide.
   I hope she was happy to see a small part of natural Malaysia.She seemed excited about the feeding frenzy of the kites.
 boat ride to see eagle feeding.it was more than 50 Brahminy Kites ,brown and white with huge wing spans swooping down to feed.Awesome sight when these magnificent birds circled dived and swooped.Monicca is the perfect travelling companion as she is an avid nature lover like me.We speak in hush tones and keep quiet to listen to the sound of nature.She is really a travel junkie and has been to all parts of the globe from Latin America,New Zealand,China,Pakistan,South East Asia and even Africa.She free lances as a tour guide to exotic places like Galapagos Island,Peru,Mexico Zimbabwe ,Mt Kilimanjaro,Kenya and Cuba.How I wish to be in her shoes,a wanderer of the world far and wide.
   I hope she was happy to see a small part of natural Malaysia.She seemed excited about the feeding frenzy of the kites.

No comments: