Thursday, December 21, 2017

Ballad of a dreamer

Jennifer,thank you for letting me go
Don't you feel bad going away
I understand why you have to leave
to follow your heart
Go where you can be happy
chase your American dream to make it big one day
I cannot stop you from chasing your dream
Get out of this sleepy town
where nothing is happening
and you are a nobody to everybody
a nobody struggling to escape this humdrum life
Make me proud ,my mama said
Don't ever be a loser in life
like your dad who has become a broken man drowning his dying dreams in drinks nite and day
cause he gave up and never woke up since.
Make something of yourself ,son
Run away from this hopeless town
Go and see how big the world is outside
Seek all the riches and fame that is waiting for you
Go and make it big,my son.
Jennifer,I'm sorry for letting you down
It's ok. I understand.I am happy to be me.
I dream of a man who truly loves me for who i am.
Waking up to arms wrapped around me
Nestled to the curve of his back.
Longing to see a face that lights up when I step into the home.
Stroking my hair softly as we snuggled on the sofa
listening to the old jazz crooners
I am contented with a simple man with simple needs.
Someone who is always here for me
So I will not wait for you
As you go and chase your dreams
And I will try not to miss you
For one day,I knowthousands will scream for you
For you will have gained the fame you dream of
Don't feel sorry for  you are you
and I have to be me.
Go and reach for the stars
and don't tell me it's lonely up there
cause  all I only wanted was a simple life .
Without the spotlight and the never ending strife.
So go on your journey of dreams.
Go with the good wishes of your mama and mine.
We know you will make it big one day
 
 

No comments: