Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Himalayan rhapsody

There is something about high mountains at the top of the world that is uplifting to the human spirit. I love the peaks and clear blue skies,the simple lives of the rural communities and their adherence to rituals as a rite of passage in life.
 As an intuitive person with a strong affinity for nature,my soul resonates with the Himalayan rhapsody.In my heart,I knew at once, my final resting place would be in Bhutan,my childhood Shangri La,the place I saw a double rainbow for the first time in my life and a Buddhist nation still uncorrupted by gross capitalism unlike Thailand.I've always been drawn to the die hard romanticism of untainted culture and environment of Buddhist monarch states like Mustang,Ladakh,Bhutan and Tibet.
  The romance of the king of Mustang and his consort or the last king of Sikkim and his American bride or  Princess Wen cheng are so like the fairy tales of the past.
Guess I hope they preserve their unique culture and not sucuumb to the monotony of ubiquitous globalization.So I thoroughly support the activism of Laurence Brahmn
in the Himalayan Consensus to have environmentally and culturally sustainable tourism
            When water cuts due to pollution or hacking cough due to haze gets me down,I cheer myself up by looking at my dream home in Bhutan and think of a sustainable life that's possible


               I

No comments: