Thursday, July 20, 2017

the young Japanese fusion band Wagakki Rocks freaking awesome visuals and sound

I always had a misconception that J pop was just like those pretty boy and kawaii girl bands but I have to say when I saw this jaw dropping performance,it just worsened my insomnia cause I was hooked and couldn't stop viewing this fusion rock cum traditional music Japanese rock/pop band.They even sing to classical poem recitation using a mix of shamisen ,koto(I never knew Males play the zither cause the Chinese gu zheng is traditionally an instrument played by females but this chap is unbelievably good, and talented),the taiko drummer knows how to hike up audience interaction to a peak,the drums,bass and omg the shabuhashi which is a flute with a plaintive sound.
  Wow I'm gonna turn into a zombie with my insomnia listening to this Wagakki band-their clothing makes it trendy to be comfortable in their own cultural wear-makes me want to grab a yukata to wear.
      Now they will soon be amassing a global fanbase soon with their  unique sounds ,dance and song.
   The young people are so connected to music .I viewed Despacito played by Indian classical musicians on the tabla and flute .Awesome,freaking badass awesome,the youths are so talented to fuse and do covers of originals based on their own interpretation.Hope music continues to unites us across the race,religion or national boundaries.The Beatles at one time was into Indian classical music,the sitar.

No comments: