Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year of Dog


Rise to the light
Be still and listen to the heartbeat of the world
It's singing a tune of peace on earth
Look at me 
embrace the circle of life and death.
The darkness lit by pinpricks of stars
is over
A new day has arisen
Watch my pale palette be adorned by the blush of rose pink,brilliant hues of orange
 and streaks of gold
See the joy of warbling birds awakening to 
The light of my rays
The flock of birds set about to look for the honey
Hidden in the petals unfurling
Are you blinded by your endless greed
That you fail to see the diamonds sparkling
On the tiny dew drops glistening on tips of leaves
Wake up and open your eyes
That you can only love yourself 
That you forget that you are a part of me
Son of the Earth,look around you
I am always here for you
Have you forgotten the warmth I send you on cold bitter days
Do you miss the cooling of  breath of my wind
Or the clean,refreshing air my trees give away for free
Your food springs out and sprouts from my bosom
Son of the Earth
Wake up and rise to the light
Wake up before it's too late.

The frustration of buying novel rejects is they have failed some QC quirk so that it's 
so funny to be caught in reading A Case of Exploding mangoes by Mohammed Hanif
 and find that the next sentence that follows the end of the page is not grammatically
 correct and doesn't make sense only to check that page 1  is followed subsequently by
 page 3.So I have to check the page nos before flipping to the next page.So
 exasperating that I took up Isabel Allende's The sum of our days,found the folded 
corner where I last stopped and guffawed with laughter at her description of her best
 friend Tabra who despite being a victim of domestic abuse by her Somoan hubby
 whom she later divorced remained an eternal optimist trawling web sites on internet
 dating.Isabel Allende weaves her magical spell and so I abandoned the case of the 
pilot tale for her account with her sorority of Sisters of Perpetual Disorders-such a neat turn of phrase.

No comments: