Friday, May 4, 2018

Tropical idyll

Lately I've been captivated by high soaring mountains until I came across the website  of the eccentric Spanish artist's Don Antonio's art musuem in Bali.He turned his personally designed home into a museum filled with his paintings.I remembered how enthralled I was roaming from room to room filled with his artwork with a pre adolescent Jun in tow asking "Why are there so many nude women in the painting?" He enjoyed chasing the chickens in the sprawling gardens more than art appreciation but this Spanish painter's love of Balinese beauty went so deep that he married one who became his muse on canvas.
       I really miss the ocean as it's so tranquil to stroll on the sandy beach,listening to the sound of waves lapping the shore.I miss lying on a hammock under the coconut trees and plunging into the oceans and the silent world of fish darting here and there.At night .the luminiscence of the ocean beckons.I miss the ocean and my next trip would be to go to one with a yoga retreat,healthy food and healing massage.That would be so relaxing to get away from the hustle bustle of the city life.Hmmn ,perhaps one without hordes of tourists like a small villa near the beach.The smell of salty,tangy air of the ocean,the warm lapping waves so therapeutic for the mind to retreat to a very quiet place.

No comments: