Wednesday, August 4, 2021

The ravages of time

im feeling frail and feeling the ravages of time.i always thought my mom was a pillar of strength until her 80s when she slowly faded from cancer.but my memory of her was a kind,caring woman who cooked wonderful meals as a labour of love.each birthday of her children n grandkids,she made sure we threw a birthday party each festival,she wrapped rice dumplings n baked mooncakes she cultivated bonsai plants n twisted the trunks with wire,dug a koi fish pond,planted vegetable n fruit trees.she sewed cloth shoes n dresses for her granddaughter.i miss her cooking rice congee or boiling barley gingko when i was sick.this operation left me weaker than the last in march.i look like a pale ghost,drained of blood.my blood circulation is slow by laying in bed tied to a dripline.i have lost my tastebud which is flat from taking medication. once,im at home,i gonna boil chicken soup with lotus root n pork rib with black bean to recover my strength i hope nutrition can help me heal faster n get back to light exercise with qi gong.gym n weightbearing is out for me.health is wealth n this year im threatened by external virus of deadly covid and internal imbalances of body pray the ill wind blows over soon.so rising cases has seen children losing parents,parents losing child,husbands losimg wife,citizens losing jobs and people taking own lives.pray peace and health to all. imagine all the people living life in peace

No comments: