Thursday, March 29, 2018

like my own kids

Teachers are so happy when our students come back to pay us a visit.When they were with us,we saw young,naive people with dreams and hopes for the future.The other day Zen my previous class monitor came back to visit Christine and me and my heart swelled with pride ,full of enthusiasm and self confidence,discussing his future plans and able to cook well.Wow,that foodie student can now describe how he cooks rendang curry,make malay cakes kueh onde onde and pulut talam for his German colleagues to try.Studying and working overseas have turned them into self reliant individuals equipped with diverse abilities to take care of themselves
  Just now Roong Jien came back working overseas after obtaining his doctorate in engineering.I'm talking with him as an adult on the same level compared to the curious teenager in class who wrote such excellent research report that I used them as samples for the juniors to learn from.Now he has bought his own flat ,has a stable career and flying everywhere .I've been nagging him to look for a companion as his next target and sound more of a mother hen than his teacher.How fast time flies and how quick the kids have become grown ups.I'm so lucky that they still remember us to drop in and see us.We are so happy to see them doing well in life.

No comments: