Monday, July 16, 2018

Change starts from small to BIG.

I've come to believe that changes won't come overnight.It begins when I mindfully make small changes that I will see the result not in a day or week but years down the road.So when I plant a seed,I might not live to enjoy the fruit of my labour but my next generation will reap the reward.So those who replant deforested area will see future generations enjoying a greener environment and cleaner air.Those who choose organic farming will leave a richer,fertile soil for the next generation of farmers.Those who consume farmed fish allow the wild marine life to spawn and multiply and increase fast depleting seafood.
          The small steps I take seems insignificant but my conscious choice in making the small steps invariably contribute to big changes when masses of us do it too.
I stopped consuming red meat two decades ago,changed to a more active lifestyle, practising yoga,swimming and running and developed spiritually to train myself to face the adversities of illness and old age.
       I'm now at a stage I'm happy to be me,comfortable in my own skin and confident of who i am and what i stand for.It's been hard giving up my sweet tooth but it's no pain,no gain.The aches and so on are still there but I've started nourishing my body with fresh fruit,vegetable and herbal soups like cordycep flowers and ginseng soup.Where once I was a passive consumer of soap operas,now I've restarted my creative interests in flora arrangement,oil painting,poetry writing and fiction writing.I once thought Tai Chi was slow and boring but  after nearly 9 months of consistent practice,I realised I've developed stronger qi as when the tuina masseur commented on Sunday,my low back aches have gone and when she pressed my acupressure points hard,I used to howl in pain but now my spinal muscles are strengthened,i hardly feel the pressure.
     I'm beginning to enjoy zumba at the park and trying new recipes.The kids keep me young at heart .Gosh yesterday when I quizzed them  on music,I realised the generation gap.Hardly any of the teens know the Beatles ( are they an Irish or US band?),Frank Sinatra or Led Zeppelin or Guns and Roses but they know One OK Rock, Emimem,Green Day,Cold Play and Avenge 7 fold
.OMG, when I heard their attempts at cracking jokes it sounded lame so I guess there a huge perception gap on what is funny.But S made a really funny joke and he's crowned the class clown.
          What do you call what you wear on your bottom?
            "Underwear"
          What do you call what you wear when you go out in the cold?
          " Outerwear"
           What do you call what you wear on your bottom when there are many holes in  it?
          "Not safe to wear"
         What is the wear that can hold a number of things?
          "tupperware"

No comments: