Sunday, July 1, 2018

Like a duck to water

The young I'm surrounded by keep me young at heart.The young people take to technology like a duck to water.I'm still learning from my young kids on how to use stickers on smart phone and they're so quick at using electronic gadgets.
               But I'm still a classical traditionalist at heart.I still love musicals,jazz ,rhythms and blues.I love the fusion of old and new in steampunk so Malone's Papa's Time Machine is a steampunk production I'm wishing would be staged in Malaysia.I love the open air in situ staging of Zhang Yimou's Liu San Cha. or Third Sister Liu with the rafts on River Li,the craggy limestone hills and native music.
                I remembered sitting on the steps leading to the Notre Dame church in Paris and remembering the hunchback of Notre Dame and sinking my teeth into French pastry - a quiche lorraine was all I could afford for lunch.Then  at Trevi in Rome, I threw three symbolic coins in remembrance of the song Three Coins in a Fountain.I love the classical songs and literature associated with France and Italy.My next target would be Greece,Central Europe and Portugal with which our links with Kristang arose.
               The past is to be retained as a nostalgia element in cities instead of destroying everything antiquated in a rush to modernise and appear progressive.
         

No comments: