Sunday, July 29, 2018

Such a struggle doing a balancing act

It's a struggle trying to do all the things we have to do.Try multitasking between marketing,cooking,cleaning,laundry,preparing your work,trying to finish reading a book,dabbling in painting and trying to exercise with a demanding child who wants your full attention to talk and listen to him.

         How do people find time in their lives to write a novel?According to Firoo
zen Dumas


"I write in spurts.When I'm writing,I get up at 4.00am without use of an alarm clock.Once a story is in my head,I'm possessed and the only thing I can do is write like mad.This means the house gets very messy and dinner is sometimes frozen.I do not read or go to the movies when I am writing because I can't concentrate on anything else.it's really a challenge trying to be a writer and a decent mom."

So on the next holiday in Thailand,I'm gonna go around observing people going about their daily lives and make notes on quirky characters.I'm also going to seek out a stint at a retreat that I don't feel obliged to talk or listen to anyone so that I'm quiet to be alone with my thoughts and continue my sci fi story writing that has been abandoned.I'm also hoping to look for the same fortune teller that the Italian travel writer wrote in his novel 'A fortune teller told me" which send him not travelling by planes at all for a year as the prediction that he may meet his end flying in the air.
Mom did an astrology prediction when I was young that say I would meet with a devastating life changing crisis in mid life but I would survive and get my life back on track.So let's see what the Siamese astrologer will say about my fate in life.Hmm to believe in it or not .That's like living with a sword dangling over the head.

No comments: