Thursday, January 18, 2024

Mind over matter

 I've lost 1 kg from intermittent fasting and boosting metabolic rate by exercising.i feel most times people use food and overeat to boost mood and feel good factor.its not that they are starving from hunger pangs but eat comfort food.

I used to wonder how monks will only eat 2 meals a day and not feel tired or lethargic but when I controlled my meals to 2 meals a day,brunch at 11am and dinner at 5.40 pm,I feel my mind is clearer n more energetic.so the 3 meals a day is a guideline for as the older I get,the less calories I need as my BMR slows down.

I find I can still eat cakes but half a slice at a time or if hungry drink oat rye milk or eat an avocado.so losing weight is more a psychological issue not a physiological one.but not to overdo to extreme until anorexia Nervosa or bulimia as some girls follow tik tok challenge so skeletal until can put a fish and water in the collarbone.eat in moderation but timing,portion control and choice of food matters.i waste money eating at buffet or 7 course Chinese dinner coz my appetite has shrunk.diet but don't die for it.

I just viewed Michelle Yeohs advertisement for active wear Lululemon for lunar new year called Be Spring.the Wing Chun dancers from Shenzhen Opera n Dance troupe were so agile and flexible and Michelle is still so graceful in her moves.i hope to achieve that balance and stillness in my movements one day.renew,refresh and revitalize the mind and body to move with the wind and flow with the water


Brunch is Chinese jiaozhe dumplings in pumpkin soup

No comments: