Sunday, September 17, 2017

kudzu kiri noodles in clear clam broth-Macrobiotic food

Asians share a love for ramen which Italians have for their pasta.The variety and ingredients are mind boggling.I had a warm  penchant for this comforting  Japanese kudzu kiri noodles or arrowroot noodles in clear clam broth topped with a poached egg so that the yolk oozes out when i slurp on it.
It seems hard to purchase these noodles from normal supermarts as it's mostly used by organic health food store that follow the macrobiotic diet.I keep powdered kombu stock,bonito flakes,miso and soba as stock in larder but I can't seem to find arrow root noodles like the tang hoon noodles but nicer as it has a chewy texture.The restaurant chain I patronize has changed its chef and the one I ate was below standard as the egg was overcooked,the clams became rubbery and the noodles soft unlike the previous chef.i will try to cook it myself to save money and recreate the texture through the right timing of the boiling process as overcooked ramen is so unappetising to taste.Macrobiotic diet harmonizes the yin and yang forces.

No comments: