Sunday, September 24, 2017

moved by hospitality of Thais

This trip was exhausting as we were hunting for apartments with the traffic jams and the crazy extreme heat and heavy monsoon rains so tiring.
Thank goodness we found somewhere within his budget and wonderful Thai couple impressed me with their warm hospitality.The wife went back home to get two coconut from their garden to give us refreshing drinks and when I told the wife I was terrified to run across the road with whizzing motorbikes and tuk tuk,she literally grabbed my hand and guided me and Jun to the MRT station and gave me a warm hug when I thanked her profusely.This morning I went to a bakery and chatted with the lady boss who was born in Penang and migrated to Thailand to escape the second world war.She was so kind as to take me to eat Teochew duck noodles for breakfast despite leaving her bakery.No wonder Jun loves being In Thailand.

No comments: