Thursday, September 14, 2017

next life

Id it time to prepare for the next life.After reading Ajarn Sumano bhikku's booklet the enlightened mind,I slowly think I know the Universal Mind.But to know is different from to act.
       How as a disciple of Ajarn Chah,he continues to give his dharmma from his cave retreat.I would hope he gives retreat as he walks the talk-no fanciful monastery or whatever modern comforts but a solar powered laptop.From the trappings of the military,to a university researcher to a businessman,he may have tasted the materialism of American society and to give it all up and let go of it all is his remarkable karma.
      How should I prepare for the next life? Time to seek his advice but I shouldn't disturb his privacy.After watching Arbat,I see the difficulties of conquering one's desires.How could he do that and still take care of a sick anddying Ajarn Chah who is not even from his own family shows the depth of his compassionate nature.Time to make a retreat to Thailand-leave this world of dust.
       

No comments: