Saturday, February 25, 2023

Create a bonsai landscape altar




 I frequently visit the plant nursery and garden centres in  jalan Sg Buloh Subang to check out new potted plants,buy fertilisers n get gardening tips.My favourite is Soon Lee nursery at Lot 21.Their garden designer has flair for matching plants with rocks and driftwood to create bonsai landscapes or fountains that look natural and really healthy well taken care of

flowering plants n trees.there is soothing instrumental music in the background as i browse for ideas.

Today i spent the whole Sumday baking banana muffins and create a bonsai landscape altar with a small maple tree,loose gravel,a huge red sandstone hill and some granite rocks with mini cacti

I think my gardening ideas has inspired my retired elderly neighbour to set up a clay bowl with colourful guppies and floating acquatic water lotus n hyacinth.its good to spread the gardening mood as its therapeutic working with plants.

I remembered my late mom had green fingers and spent hours using wires to twist the trunks of bonsai plants .She grew her own herbs n simple green vegetables and fruit like papaya,mango n banana n jackfruit.it kept her active and fit.in her 70s ,she was strong enough to chop down a rambutan tree.

I think im turning into a copy of.mom with my gardening and baking craze.shes a role model of ageing well,reading newspaper,baking and gardening and looking after 3 grandkids.

No comments: