Thursday, December 16, 2021

Year end reunions and feasting.

with year end get togethers with relatives,ex neighbours and colleagues,old friends its so hard to escape from overeating.i really have to force myself to exercise 5 or 6 days a week.sometimes i cant exercise outdoors as it is raining so youtube zumba and yoga keep me fit. i love to indulge in good food.its my biggest weakness.so i need to increase workouts or i will gain weight. today had nice meal with ex neighbour at mall.she said i looked slimmer than last year.my ex neighbour is a tough cookie and worked her ass off to be a marketing manager at local car manufacturer Proton.She knows her automobiles well and is the rare female in a male dominated industry.we went out for meals when my son was working in Bangkok and her husband relocated to work in Vietnam.She refused to give up her career to follow him as expat wife.Why should a woman give up her independence and social circles to follow a man?She is hard driven and happy when China Geely invested in Proton with advanced technology and sales for SUVs X 50 n X90 soared under the new management.She used to drive a Lotus two door sports coupe.unlike my best pal who drives steadily in a red BMW coupe ,my ex neighbour is an aggresive driver so i dont take a lift in her car,prefering to drive my own car.as shes much younger,she doesnt understand i dont need for speed thrills or sharp moves.gives me heart attack. this Saturday its time for another meal at the mall with ex colleagues.Jessie is another tough cookie bringing up 2 kids while husband works overseas in Dubai.Shes much younger than me n so focused on her career.i like socializing with younger people as they have the drive and passion.jessie is mixed race.her dad is Indian n mom is Chinese.she looks exotic like Malay n Portugese. a true bangsa Malaysia,she looks Malay,speaks fluent Kedah Malay dialect ,Hokkien Chinese to grandma and Tamil to dad.we had planned to hike Mt Bromo in Indonesia before i broke my knee.another bangsa Malaysia was my Chinese Indian student who looks Chinese,has Indian name,and learned classical Indian dance from a Malay Ramli Ibrahim.

No comments: