Friday, April 22, 2022

Generation gap of old and young

Now Ive officially been accepted into the senior citizens club ,i rejoice for the discounts i get travelling on public transport like mrt,lrt,rapid bus and even ktm commuter which travels to other states n even singapore.I'd much prefer taking public transport as it saves me hassle of looking for parking or get caught in long traffic jams while im holding my bladder from bursting.the stations are comfortable with mini marts n clean public toilets. its better to visit my brother n sister in Singapore by taking a train because trains have toilet access unlike a highway bus.the only snag is i stop in johor baru n need to board the public bus at Larkin station or i can wait for my brother in law to finish work in Johor Baru n give me a lift to Singapore. I really miss meeting my siblings for more than 2 years. now Jun teased me as i got ready to go line dancing in public park.Mom ,youve really become a China DAMA.spending your time dancing away.yeah I deserve this rest n recreation after working for 38 years non stop.now ive become a non productive and non reproductive member of society or an ayam pension.im still a tough old bird with daily exercises i enjoy.i get to stop and smell the roses and indulge in gardening,painting n reading.i learn how to bake goodies,and try cooking new recipes. i also get 50% discpunts on public transport and though that amount is chicken feed to some,to me its savings i can use to buy fruits.i get avocados from south africa at rm 3 per fruit ,singo korean pear at rm 3 each n thai rainbow mango at rm 2.80.so saving from using public transport helps me buy better fruit from hypermarkets. today it was raining slightly so we use the covered basketball court to do line dancing.the ypung teenagers practising on the other end of the court wetent too happy with the bunch of dancing damas but they learn to give and take as we left after one and a half hours but our oldie music must be irritating them as much as their loud techno rap music annoys us.generation gap between us but we learn to compromise.

No comments: