Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Healthy meals




 I bought frozen mussels from Chile at rm10.plan to cook paella with it.also bought 2 frozen salmon steaks from Chile at rm8 each.i cooked western lunch of salmon grilled in cajun spices topped with worchestershire sauce n tomato ketchup on a bed of oramge sweet potato mash n a salad of cucumber b cherry tomatos in mayo.the lunch cost me rm 15 wiih a glass of iced tea.dining out would cost me easily rm 40 to 50 at fanciful cafes.im buying green kiwi from Chile n China,grapes from Egypt,blackberry from South Africa,avocado grown in Malaysia n honey jackfruit too.

Only eat crab n shrimp for special occasions.

I cooked tonite a favouritte family recipe yam braised roast pork in fermented red bean paste.time consuming.deep fry yam rubbed with 5 spice powder.then place in bowl with sliced roast pork n simmer in red bean curd paste over slow fire for 2 hours until yam melts in the mouth.my grandma n moms comfort food for festivals n my blind elder sister loves my version as i put in lots of rice wine.i also added smoked pork loin so its different from traditional yam pork belly but my son says taste better than grandmas cooking.smoked salted pork loin adds ommph unlike waxed pork which is too hard to melt in the mouth.



No comments: