Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Home cooking is labour of love

my late mom is a fantastic cook.i hope i can live up to her expectation.her braised soy sauce chicken is fragrant n tender n her panfried soya sauce prawns heavenly.she says i can get the taste right but not the texture right. she bakes cantonese,shanghai and snow skin mooncakes,i miss her cantonese rice dumplings chung n cinammom rolls.today gonna bake italian mille foglie which was copied from french mille feuille n a carrot spiced bread with chopped nuts ,mixed peel.happy jun and my late hubby appreciated my cooking as its a labour of love.jun requested for me to cook at home after he saw a rat scurrying across the floor of a coffee shop.home cooking is more hygienic n healthy but so damn hot and tiring.today i need to mop the whole apartment as the floor is oily.im paranoid since i fell on oily wet floor.jun says there are no rats,flies or cockroach in our kitchen.he doesnt know how tiring it is to mop n clean the kitchen.this weekend,i need to boil and scrub the kitchen wash cloths with vinegar,salt n soappowder,then i declutter the fridge as its like the bermuda triangle coz i have western n asian spices.jun says i offer western n asian meals.even my bread is fusion like the pumpkin bread with all spice,blueberry n strawberry,my matcha walnut bread,my carrot,mixed peel and mixed nut bread,my avocado tarts,lemon yoghurt cake,cherry clafoutis.he cannot find my home recipes in bakery outside.but i need a lock on my fridge.he overeats a lot of food.food monster.

No comments: