Sunday, October 16, 2022

Deepavalli or Festival of Light







 May the light dispel the darkness and spread peace and goodwill to all.I miss the Deepavalli goodies my pal Gowrie used to gift me in school.She shared her murukku,sweet meats like ghee ball that melts in the mouth,semolina kesari with raisins n cashew nuts and my yummy colourful coconutmilk candy. I love indian putumayam with coconut n palm sugar n the egg apam and masala thosai

I come from a family of foodies and lived just in front of the best hawker centre medan selera.the Indian mamak and Penang char kway teow man saw us grow up eating their food.

As a child watching my patents involved in the fashion tailoring business,i have a keen eye for texture and design of fabric,flipping thro vogue magazines and GQ magazines for customers browsing.mom sewed beautiful dresses for us girls from sweeping floral skirts to tulle dresses and even used sari material with sequins for new year clothing.she could embroider,smock and designed cloth berets,caps,ties and vests.i love fashion n paired floral vests with cordoruy jeans.puffed sleeve blouses with denim maxi skirts.

I just fell in love with this London designer Ashish Gupta newest spring collection.it fuses east handicraft with western comfort.i adore the ethnic infusion into modern cuttting so that it reflects a long cultural identity of design.

I cant afford the designer wear so ill borrow his idea incorporating ethnic to comfortwear.

No comments: