Saturday, August 27, 2022

Chris Evert

 For Chris Evert,the ex world class tennis player.her recovery from ovarian cancer was a journey to hell and back especially when she lost her sister to ovarian cancer.To personally witness her sisters painful death and her own encounter with it made her appreciate her health which to her is more important than love.

Like Sheryl Crow,the singer who was a cancer survivor,the brush with Big C made them reevaluate priorities in life.Ovarian cancer is an insidious disease and sometimes there are no early signs until its too late.

Your health is the most important thing. I hate to say it but, to me, it even comes before love. To love, you’ve got to be alive. I’m still vigilant with my health but I want to be as authentic as I can and be more open and listen more. That’s all a result of the cancer. I’m very lucky to be here.”


No comments: