Friday, August 5, 2022

Meal time









 For lunch i cooked the XL size pisang tanduk.A Malay mak cik generously shared her recipe of deep fried banana slices with a kicap manis dip with red chilli n raw garlic.awesome recipe.i had s fruit salad of local avocado,strawberry n blueberry from Portugal.a drink of oatmeal almond matcha made me so full.

I learn from my cooking mistakes.when i showed the Malay makcik at nasi lemak stall my big Flop of boiling nasi impit,she laughed.use a lot of water in the pot and boil longer until rice loses shape of grain.ha ha got it .use the small packets of prepacked rice is easier.the chinese 80 year old aunty taught me to cook Guangxi tofu puff stuffed with minced chicken n chive w bits of salted fish.she worked as a chef in her younger days and im learning classic chinese cuisine from her.she is a walking cookbook.

No comments: