Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Moments

Moments is a poem by Argentinian writer Jorge Luis Borges.
MOMENTS If I could live my life again, I'd try to make more mistakes I wouldnt try to be so perfect I'd be more relaxed I'd be more true to life than I was In fact I'd take fewer things seriously I'd be less hygienic I'd take more risks I'd take more trips I'd watch more sunsets I'd climb more mountains I'd swim more rivers I'd go to more places I've never been I'd eat more ice cream and less lima beans I'd have more real problems and less imaginary ones I was one of those people who live prudent and prolific lives each minute of their existence. Of course I did have moments of joy yet,if I could go back,I would try to have good memories only In case you dont know: that's what Life is made of I was one of those who never go anywhere without a thermometer without a hot water bottle without an umbrella without a parachute If I could live again I'd travel light I'd try to walk barefoot from Spring to Fall I'd ride more carts I'd watch more sunrises play with more kids If I could live my life again but now I am 85 and know I am dying.

No comments: